If there is a strong curiousness inside of you that can’t just let the matter rest when it comes to getting to know the nuts and bolts of “Best Plasma Cutter” for the money, we say that it is completely okay because it is extremely imperative that you be familiar with every single bit of information about the Plasma Cutters because this is the only way to know what you are buying – i.e. you are not making a wrong choice by buying a wrong equipment for journey.
However, doing this isn’t easy as it requires deep research done. But you don’t have to worry about that since we’ve already done extensive research for you so you don’t have to waste your time in knowing which one is the best Plasma Cutter for the money or depending on what your needs (requirements) are.
While reading this detailed research, you may come across different brand names like Miller, Hobart, Hypertherm, Lotos, Ramsound, or Primeweld, however, if you’re using equipment like a welding helmet, TIG welders or MIG welders, we believe that you won’t be unacquainted with these terms. Whichever the situation is, we will never let you down – provide you all of the details of different plasma cutters depending on their price, features, value, and warranty. Furthermore, we’d like to let you know that all of the plasma cutters that you will see on this page have been used for the experimental purposes so that we could get an in-depth knowledge of what exactly the plasma cutters do and share the same with you.
Best Plasma Cutters Reviews (for 2019)
Most of the plasma cutters reviewed in this guide are perfect for home use and some come only for commercial use, but we will clear that up for you. In the list, you will also meet some best plasma cutters with built-in compressors. According to Google Analytics, we have seen that people also search about “Best Plasma Cutters” under $200, $300, $400, $500, $800, $1000, $2000, and so on.
Best Plasma Cutter for the Money
It is a good idea to look for an inexpensive plasma cutter, however, always keep in mind that buying a cheap plasma cutter doesn’t mean you will be able to get the best out of your plasma cutting. We’ll also list some of the best plasma cutters that are listed as ‘Amazon’s Choice’ so that you can get a more reliable, durable, and productive plasma cutter. Whether you are a Beginner or a Professional cutter, this guide will be pretty useful for in the long run because you don’t buy Plasma Cutters every day – but to use one for a long term verify the plasma cutter reviews comparison chart.
1. Hobart Airforce 40i Plasma Cutter, 500566, 240V Reviews
(10 Out of 10)
If you’re on the lookout for one of the best Plasma Cutters on the market, the Hobart Airforce 40i Plasma Cutter reviews are what you should read at first – this is highly rated and has been appreciated by thousands of professionals. If will give you a performance you won’t find in any other plasma cutter. Another good news is that it has been manufactured by Hobart which has been a game-changer in this welding industry. Its well-known welding helmets, welders and plasma cutters are embraced by the specialists and plasma cutter for sale.
The Hobart Airforce will boost your productivity by giving you a maximum cutting of mild steel – i.e. 7/8 inch at the duty cycle of 50%. It can easily cut the faster than the oxy-fuel. Not only that, with this plasma cutter, you will be able to cut perforated and expanded metals like a pro. No matter how long the paint has been there on metal, the Hobart plasma cutter will allow you to cut even the coated or painter surfaces like a charm. The input power that this plasma cutter can operate on is 240V (for more instruction on ‘Power Source’, please refer to the technical guide.
- Model No.: 500566
- Plasma Cutter Weight: 34.3 pounds
- Capable of cutting mild steel of 7/8 inches at the duty cycle of 50%
- Has the capability of cutting faster than oxy-fuel
- Backed by a 5-3-1 Year Warranty
- Input Power: Operates off 240 V
- More Efficient Air Consumption
- Ergonomic Trigger Safety
- Auto-Refire Technology – Cuts any metal, be it coated or painted surface
- Highly suitable for light (Home Use) and heavy usage (Industrial Purpose)
- Wind Tunnel Technology: Stops the particles and abrasive dust from damaging internal components
- Maximum Open-Circuit Voltage: 400V
- Specification Sheet (PDF)
With an intention to set equipment aside, you can also purchase Tips Kit and Electrode Kit for ‘Plasma Torch’.
2. Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP Plasma Cutter Review
(9.9 Out of 10)
The Hypertherm’s Powermax 45 is a real bad boy because it is lightweight and small in size which is why it will give you next-level portability and not to mention the exceptional cutting capability which is 16 mm (5/8”). Even if this is your very first time using a plasma cutter, with the patented drag-cutting technology, you won’t be suffering understanding the cutter as it delivers an easy-to-understand interface. It has been equipped with the ‘Smart-Sense Technology’ that will make sure that there is accurate air pressure.
It gets the job done in next to no time – 1.5 times faster than an oxyfuel on 6 mm (1/4 inches) mind steel. Since it delivers a superior time and extraordinary gouge quality, the grinding and edge preparation can be handled in no time. It only weighs around 36 pounds which means it is easy to take this plasma cutter anywhere. It also comes with a 20’ hand Torch that makes it super easy for you to focus on your cuttings.
- Model No.: 088112
- Gives super-fine cutting experience
- Highly Portable: Weighs only 36 Pounds
- Small in Size: Easy to Compact
- Tackle Tasks: 16 mm (5/8”) Cutting System
- Patented Drag-Cutting Technology
- Smart Sense Technology
- Faster: 1.5 Quicker than Oxyfuel
- Superior Cut and Gouge Quality
- New Duramax Lock Torches
- Consumable Support Handles
- Marking for Part Identification
- Cut Capacity: 16 mm (5/8) Inches
- Highly Rated for Quality
- Exceptional Preciseness (See Images)
3. Forney Easy Weld, 251 20 P, Plasma Cutter Review
(10 Out of 10)
This Plasma Cutter has been developed by a most-renowned company named as ‘Forney’. It provides incomparable cuts and it is wild steel or aluminum or stainless steel – it has the capability to tackle the job from thin material to ¼”* (6.35 mm) and it does it all so quickly that you won’t even have to strain your body or eyes. It is an easy-to-use plasma cutter that even a person with no experience in cutting can operate it without any problem. What you need is a 120V power source along with a 1.5 CFM of compressed air.
With the built-in regulator and the air dryer will make the whole operation a duck soup. Additionally, it is equipped with the drag torch technology that will allow your plasma cutter to have a direct interaction with the material you are cutting which will provide the smooth consistency i.e. the clean cuts. It is extremely light and therefore can be taken anywhere where any trouble whatsoever.
- 13’ Cutting Torch
- 8’ Ground Clamp
- 20A-15A Adapter
- 1 additional electrode
- 1 additional nozzle
- Part/Model No.: 251
- Suitable for cutting Mild Steel, Aluminum, & Stainless Steel
- Cutting: Thin Material to 1/4″* (6.35 mm) with Ease
- Easy to Operate – You just need a 1.5 CFM of compressed air and a power source of 240V
- Features the “Drag Torch Technology” for advanced and extended consistency
- Very Lightweight (21.5 lbs. (9.75 kilograms))
- Extremely Portable
- Perfect Fit for Home Use and Commercial Use (on sites)
- Cutting Capacity: Aluminum up to 3/16″, Steel (Galvanized, Steel, Stainless) up to 1/4″, Brass up to 1/4″, Copper up to 1/4″
- Color: Green
- Backed by one year warranty
- Runs on 120 Volts
If you would like to know more about Forney’s 120-volt 20 P Plasma Cutter, we strongly suggest that you should be browsing the link we have attached above for your convenience.
4. Hobart Airforce 27i Plasma Cutter with MVP (Review)
(10 Out of 10)
If you’ve read the aforesaid reviews, you’d notice that this is not the first Plasma Cutter on this page – we’ve already reviewed one (500566), however, that this one is little cheaper than that we reviewed above. Furthermore, it is ‘Amazon’s Choice’ which means more creditability i.e. more trust. FYI, it has been equipped with Multi-Voltage Plug (MVP) which will keep you at ease when you want to connect to a 120V or 240V power socket.
If you are planning to cut the 3/8-inch mild steel or 5/8-inch mild steel, this is the best Plasma Cutter that you will fall in love with. Another amazing thing about this Plasma Cutter is that it features a ‘Fan-On-Demand’ which only comes into play when needed and therefore reduces the risk of dust or debris coming into the unit. If you love designing, you will definitely fall head over heels in love with this plasma cutter because you will be getting exceptional preciseness in your cuts.
- Features MVP aka Multi-Voltage Plug
- Comes with XT30R torch with 12-ft. lead and Consumables
- Gives More Precise Cut
- Capable of running on either 120V or 240V through MVP technology
- Cuts up to 5/8-inch Mild Steel
- Fan-on-demand: It runs only when needed
- Offers Thinner Kerf
- Equipped with Wind Tunnel Technology
- Plasma Material Thickness: 1/4 inches to 3/8 inches
5. Primeweld Premium & Rugged 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter, Clean Cut (Review)
(9.8 Out of 10)
If you have decided to purchase a “Primeweld Plasma Cutter”, then it is time to pay attention to this “Primeweld Plasma Cutter Review” because this will give you the instant knowledge of how great this plasma cutter is. This is a 50 Amp Digital Inverter with the Plasma Cutter that has the capability of handling cuts up to 1/2″ (with maximum severance thickness of 3/4″) which is a child’s play for it. This plasma cutter is considered to be one of the best bargains available on the market.
We know that there’re other plasma cutters out there on the market developed by Primeweld, but this one is an exceptional case. It is equipped with the capability, flexibility, durability, ease of access and state-of-the-art preciseness in your cuts. The technology that Hypertherm first used when they industrialized their first cutting system has been used in this plasma cutter which gives make it a good option to consider. It doesn’t matter where you want to use it – for home use, construction, industrial purposes, or perhaps DIY projects, this plasma cutter is going to do a good job for you.
Let’s dive into the features (pros) of this one of the best plasma cutters to see what it can offer you, in accordance with your budget:
- Model/CUT50 No.:
- Cuts through 1/2″ stainless and 5/8″ mild steel
- Lightweight: Weighs only 22.5 lbs
- High-quality Plasma Cutter: Perfect for all Shapes and Sizes with Design based on MOSFET transistors
- Runs smoothly on either 220 V 50/60 Hz power or 110 V 50/60 Hz
- Cuts Copper, Aluminum, Mild Steel, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel
- High durability – All parts and service are handled in the US
- 50A 110/220V Plasma Cutter
- Plasma Cutting Torch
- 2 Plasma Cutter Tips
- 4 Clamps
- 2 Couplers
- Equipped with Air Regulator
- 12’ Ground Clamp & Cable
- Delivers Ultimate Precision at Higher Speeds
- For rated cutting, the thickness is 1/2″ (12mm) along with the speed of 15 IPM
- Highly Portable – Take it anywhere
- Tackles the sever cuts with the thickness of 3/4″ (19mm) at the speed of 3 IPM
- The thickness of piercing is 1/2″
- Designed by Professionals
- Supported by a 3-year warranty
Whether you’re a hobbyist or run a farm or want to use it for industrial purposes, you’re going to love it for what it does.
6. Hypertherm Powermax30 Plasma Cutter Reviews
(9.8 Out of 10)
The Hypertherm “Powermax30” comes with an Auto-voltage that will robotically become accustomed to the power being provided to it – from 110V to 240V (input power). It comes all those accessories that you need in order to protect your eyes, hands that are highly recommended to wear like eye shields, shoulder strap, gloves, a hard carry case and standard and fine-cut consumables. The Duramax LT torch has been designed in a way that will keep you safe from the heat.
Whether it is a cutting job or gouging job, the Powermax30 will be a lifesaver in those areas. It can tackle any of these jobs like a pro, providing more accuracy, reliability, ease in your cuts. It can be a perfect choice for your cutting jobs whether you would like to use it for home or industrial purposes. The Kit contains the electrodes and nozzles along with the shield, retaining cap, and swirl ring.
We’ve been counting on Hypertherm for many years, and it is time for you to give it a try!
- Model/Part No.: 088079
- Item Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Features Auto-Voltage Adaptability – Controls the Volt automatically from 110 V to 240 V
- Capable of cutting 5/8-inch metals
- Houses a Duramax LT Torch Design
- Building America Edition
- Comes with Fine Cut and Standard Consumables, Shoulder Strap, Gloves, Eye Shield and Carry Case
- Perfectly Suitable for Home Use, Industrial Purpose, and DIY Projects
- Has the capability of Cutting and Gouging in one house
- Faster, Reliable, and Durable
- Provides a fine cut for both thick metals and thin metals
7. Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter, Non-Touch Pilot, Arc Plasma Cutter (Reviews)
(9.4 Out of 10)
If your intention is to buy the cheapest Plasma Cutter, you should have seen this Lotos LTP5000D Plasma Cutter by now, or perhaps you already have, have you? Presenting the non-touch pilot arc plasma cutter that has comes under the inexpensive plasma cutter category – i.e. you won’t have to touch the tip to the metal to enjoy the uninterrupted cutting. Irrespective of what kind of metals you are dealing with, this Lotos’ plasma cutter will cut the rusty, painted or rough surfaces like a pro.
Not only does it provide you safety features, but it also is a lower-priced plasma cutter that you will see on this page. To next-level portability, the cutter is equipped with a handle and it uses non-hazardous compressed air at the time of cutting aluminum, copper, mild steel, stainless, and alloy steel. If the ‘idea clean-cut’ is what you are after, this plasma cutter has your back – it can give you 1/2” ideal clean cut and maximum severance cut of 3/4” (see technical details for more). When you bring this beautiful heavy-duty, it won’t take more than a minute to install it.
- Part No.: LTP5000D
- Item Weight: 26 pounds
- Duty Cycle: 60% @ 50 A
- Features Non-Touch Arc Plasma Cutter
- Highly Safe and Cheap (Inexpensive)
- Equipped with ‘Papst Advanced Cooling System’ that will give you higher performance
- Quick: Can be set up within 1 minute
- Supports Dual Voltage Input: Dual Frequency/ Automatic Dual Voltage – 110V – 220V
- Compatible Consumables Sets
- Output Current: 10-50 A
- Input Voltage: 110 V/220 V
- Ideal Cut Thickness: 1/2″ (12mm)
- Severance Cut Thickness: 3/4″ (19mm)
- Item Model No.: F6-LLBG-D35Z
- Color: Brown
- Style: 50AMP
- Warranty: 1 Year
8. PrimeWeld CT520D Plasma Cutter, TIG/Stick/Arc Welding (All in One) Review
(9.9 Out of 10)
In spite of being listed on the 8th position, this one is not just a Plasma Cutter because it also can be your TIG welder, Stick Welder or Arc welder and the good news is that you don’t have to spend more money to bring this cutter home – it is very cheaper. Therefore, if you do all of these tasks, it is a very good opportunity to buy this one of the best plasma cutters and make your day. The supported input power frequency is 50 Hz or 60 Hz and the power efficiency is up to 85%.
Backed by a 3-year warranty, this little plasma cutter cum TIG welder can do all type of jobs for you. It is highly used by the homeowners for their daily cuttings jobs or those who are doing it just for the sake of their hobby or as their pastime. The weight of this plasma cutter is only 35.7 pounds which means it can be carried anywhere and it is also compact that can be stored in any place without any issue. As far as ‘Value for money’ matters, it gets a Grade-A rating and the longevity is up to the mark along with exceptional tech support. This plasma cutter provides a duty cycle of 60% at maximum amps on all processes.
Features (Why we love it):
- All in one: Allows TIG welding, Stick welding, Arc welding, and Plasma Cutting in one unit
- Input Power: 50Hz / 60Hz
- Power Efficiency: 85%
- Supported by a 3-year Warranty – gives more peace of mind
- Weighs 35.7 pounds
- Battery Required: No
- Highly Suitable for Beginners
- Great Customer Services
- Value for Money
- Improved Longevity
- Ultimate Tech Support
9. Lotos LTPDC2000D Plasma Cutter, TIG/Stick Welder (Combo) Review
(9.8 Out of 10)
The Lotos “LTPDC2000D” has been itemized as the ‘Amazon’s Choice’ because of the trust and value that customers have towards the product. It is one of those best Plasma cutters that have been highly rated in terms of performance, welding preciseness, speed, durability, compatibility, and easy setup. It is a cheaper plasma cutter, plus there is more to it than just meets the eye – you can also get the Tick/Stick welding jobs done with this highly wanted plasma cutter. This plasma cutter is equipped with ‘Papst Advanced Cooling System’ which increases the performance of the plasma cutter.
Since it is a non-touch plasma cutter, you won’t be required to touch the cutter to the surface of the steel. The current output of this plasma cutter is 10 to 50 AMP with the maximum ideal thickness of 1/2″ and maximum severance thickness of 3/4″. Even if you are cutting through a rusty, painted, rough surfaces, this plasma cutter will do the job like a champ – without getting you into any kind of snag. It also comes with a built-in TIG welder and Stick/MMA welder which means you don’t have to buy a welder separately to get the job done. It is very easy to set up and takes less than one minute in the installation process.
- 3 in 1 Combo Pack (TIG, Stick/MMA and Plasma Cutter) – Cuts, Welds, and Builds
- Voltage: 50A Arc Plasma Cutter, 200A IG Welder, and Stick/MMA Welder
- Non-Touch Pilot Arc
- 1/2 Inch Clean Out
- Dual Voltage
- Cuts through painted, rusty and rough surfaces like a champ
- Maximum Rated Clean Cut Thickness: 1/2″
- Severance Thickness: 3/4”
- DC TIG Output Current: 10 to 200 A @ 220 V & 10 to 150 A @ 100 V
- DC Stick/MMA Output Current: 10-200 A @ 220 V & 10-150 A @ 110 V
- Weight: 42.3 pounds
- Lightweight and Portable
- Easy to Use or Operate
- Value for Money: Yes
The Lotos LTPDC2000D is great equipment considering both the price and the performance. So, if you think that this plasma cutter cum welder is meeting all of your expectations, don’t delay in buying it – order one today now!
10. VivoHome Plasma Cutter, CT520DF, (3 in 1 – TIG, Stick, Non-Touch Pilot Arc Welding) Review
(9.6 Out of 10)
Presenting VivoHome, a 3-in-1 machine that allows the owner to use it as a Plasma Cutter (50A), TIG welder (200A), Stick welder (200A) within just a slip of the switch which is why it is considered to be a smart option for the DIY user. It doesn’t matter whether you are planning to cut through the rough or painted surface, you can effortlessly get the job done with this space-age plasma cutter plus welder.
It gives the user a clean-cut – 1/2” and the maximum severance thickness of 3/4 inches. It is an upgraded version which means you are going to meet improved productivity and ultimate ease of use when you decide to bring this state-of-the-art plasma cutter home. It can work perfectly with any type of steel including steel, stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, etc. Now, let’s see whether the features of this plasma cutter are as impressive as they need to be:
- Rated Input: 110 to 220V
- Output Current: 10 to 50A
- Gas Supply: Clean, Dry, and Oil-free Air
DC TIG Welding Features:
- Output Current: 10 to 200A @ 220V and 10 to 150A at 110 V
- Suitable for: Steel, Ferrous, Moly, Stainless Steel
- Voltage (Without Load): 62V and Working Voltage: 16.9V
- Gas Supply: Clean, Dry, Oil-free Argon Gas
DC Stick Welding:
- Input Power: 10 to 200A at 220V and 10 to 150A at 110 V
- Suitable for: Ferrous, Moly, Steel, and Stainless Steel
The overall weight of this one of the best plasma cutters is 35.3 pounds which simply means that it is a lightweight plasma cutter and can easily cut through the rough surfaces no matter what the circumstances are. It comes in Blue color which is a good thing for those who love blue.
Performance vs Price:
People who are trying to get into the cutting or welding often make this mistake – i.e. they tend to choose a product with low price, however, that doesn’t mean that they will be able to get the best out of the product they’ve bought. Always find a perfect match that meets both performance and price at the same time. There’s no doubt that the quality of the best Plasma cutter matters most and you won’t get it in the low price range.
Input & Output Power:
Next thing you need to keep in mind is that input and output power that you actually need. Always remember, the input power is directly proportional to the output power. Therefore, see how much you need and how much the plasma cutter is offering you. Also, the Duty Cycle is important because if the duty cycle is way too less, you don’t want to buy it, however, that also depends what type of work you are dealing with and the mode of the plasma cutter you’re using.
Best Plasma Cutter for the Money
All of the Plasma Cutters that we have rated and reviewed above are the “Best Plasma Cutters” because they have been appreciated by the verified buyers. All of them provide great performance, profitability, precise cut, stability, features and so on. But don’t just take our word for it – check out what the verified customers are saying about them so that you can be completely sure of your decision of buying.