Every welding requires tons of efforts because this is something that needs to be done in a professional way. If you wish to have beautiful welds in a short span of time, you would probably want to do it professionally. There’re many reasons why Stick welding could be a better option for you than MIG or TIG. We know there are many things that you need to consider when buying for the best stick welder and if you don’t pay heed to them, you will get into a serious problem – it could happen with the welding machine or with you.
Unquestionably, a good stick welder could come from any company and since there are hundreds of welding companies, we’ll find out which one delivers the best productivity, durability, performance, portability, duty cycle, unmatched features, space-age design, and most importantly affordability because you don’t want to break the bank while buying the best stick welder and MMA Welders, do you?
You may also want to consider whether you require a stick welder that operates on AC or DC – i.e. the current output, and the warranty as well because if something bad happens during using the welder, you will be on the safer side or it can also be possible that you receive a damaged product that’s there the significance of the warranty will come in.
What to look for when buying a Best Stick Welder?
What are the things that one needs to consider when buying a stick welder? Is the stick welder better than MIG and TIG welders? We’ll answer all questions one by one to remove all the confusions you have about welders. Well, the stuff like comfort and price are basic, but you must also be mindful of the little specifications because these are the things that change the whole game. The input current and output current also matter and they are directly proportional to each other.
Let’s dive into details:
- Power: How much power do you need in a stick welder that you’ve been planning on to buy? The input and output of welders will vary depending on each welder because of the operation operated by the welder. Most of the welders are designed to be compatible with the voltage of 110V to 220V (or 240V). More power means more productivity, however, there is something else you should be aware of as well i.e. if you are buying a welder with the higher output, it will consume more electricity and most importantly, it will require a special power circuit which may cost a little more (if bought separately). If it meets the affordability, you should go for it.
- Duty Cycle: This factor is extremely significant at the time of purchasing a welder (not just a stick welder). As far as a low-end welder matters, it will provide you with the duty cycle of 10% at around 70 Amps, whereas, if we talk about a good Stick welder, it will deliver as a minimum duty cycle of 35% to 60%, and, on the contrary, if you buy a top-notch Stick welder, you will be getting 70% to 80% duty cycle. Therefore, always be mindful of the duty cycle while making up your mind towards the final and firm purchase of the best stick welder and MMA welder.
- Portability: While looking into the buying guide, you should look for a welder that is portable so that you can effortlessly take it from one to another like a champ. You will see a handle on the top side of the welder so that can lift it up easily or some welders come with wheels so. There are other advantages to getting a portable welder. You can be sure of it by going through the features of the welder that you are buying.
- Installation: How much time will the welder take for installation? It comes with an easy-to-installation feature, you will not have difficulties setting it up for the first time. People love to buy those welders that come with the easy installation because they don’t have time to waste. Though most of the welders come with this feature, you still want to make sure that you are covered in this area.
- Operation: Question yourself: is it an AC or DC welder? This could differ based on the type of applications you are welding doing. Some welders with DC while others with AC, however, technically you may want to DC welder because it has some advantages over an AC welder. But what is the best choice? Well, the best welder is the one that includes both AC and DC operation that will be a perfect fit for all types of weldings.
- Other Aspects: Aforesaid factors are not all that you need to be mindful of in order to pick up the best, get a welder that offers affordability, coziness, durability, and unsurpassed features that will help you get the upper hands over others (if this is what you want in terms of the product’s features)
The welders that you see being reviewed on this page are from top companies like Hobart, Miller, Lincoln, Everlast, Jackson, and other companies. Though every single welder that has been reviewed are highly rated, if you want to do in-depth, you may perhaps want to know about the background of the company (however, you don’t have to worry about that).
1. Everlast PowerPRO 164 TIG/Stick/Plasma Cutter (Review)
(10 Out of 10)
This is a real bad boy when it comes to tackling different processes using one welder. It will add an extra layer to the portability and durability and you will be floating on the cloud nine once you bring this beautiful, space-age Everlast PowerPRO ‘164’ home. We know that your intention is to make the most out of Stick welding only, but there are times when you may also need to get involved in other welding jobs that require TIG and Plasma cutting. That’s where this welding machine comes in, giving you the ultimate advantage over other welders.
The amperage capacity introduced by this welder is 200A and you can use it for other than Stick weldings like TIG and Plasma applications. It is highly compact and powerful welder that can be stored anywhere without taking so much space. Its easy-to-control features will make the job super easy and you will not have any problem using it even if you are a beginner. There is also a current indicator embedded onto this welder that will warn you if the duty cycle has exceeded so that you can take care of it.
- Brand: Everlast
- Model: PowerPRO 164
- Lightweight: Take it anywhere you want
- Supports Stick (120A), TIG (160A), and Plasma Cutting (40A)
- Compatible with 10,000 watts of clean power
- Easy to Switch between different jobs
- Welds a 3/16 inches swath on a single pass on AC, 5/8 inches on plasma cutter, and 3/8 inches on DC (TIG)
- Others: Highly Rated
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Lightweight (60 Pounds)
- Extremely Portable
2. Amico ARC-160D, Amp, Stick/Arc Welder with Dual Voltage (Review)
(9.7 Out of 10)
The Amico ARC-160D is another great stick welder that will do all jobs within a short span of time. This is your dream welder because it comes with ‘Hot Start’ that will ease electric arc ignition like a champ. On top of that, this welder is all-generators friendly which means no matter which generator you use, it will work just fine. According to the official user manual, this welder is equipped with the ‘IGBT’ inverter technology with the help of which you will be able to handle high loads of arc welding and get to nail the job like a pro. Since there is also ultimate arc stability with this welder, you will come up with unmatched precision in your welds.
Additionally, there is ‘Amperage Control’ that comes with welder allowing you to keep track of the Amperage you need in accordance with your requirements or current application you are working on. It has the ability to automatically compensate with the voltage fluctuation along with over-voltage protection. Considering the weightlessness and flawless welds, this is a perfect choice for your personal and professional usage. To understand why this welder is a must-have choice for you, read out the pros (features) given underneath.
- Brand: Amico
- Model/Part No.: ARC160D2017
- Features IGBT inverter technology
- Power Source: AC-115V and 230V (60hz and 50hz)
- Amperage Capacity: 160A
- Rated Duty Cycle: 60% at 160 Amp
- Weight of Item: 16 Pounds
- Power Type: Dual Voltage
- Material: Metal and Plastic
- Efficiency: 90%
- Power Factor: 0.03
- See More Above (use link)
3. Forney 324, MIG/Stick/TIG 3-in-1 Welder (Review)
(9.7 Out of 10)
If you wish to look up the best option to buy the best stick welder from a company that combines MIG and Stick and TIG weldings, this a must-have welder for your professional and personal needs. Though it may seem you a little expensive, it will be serving you out-of-this-world and powerful welder as it is based on single voltage system, but it will keep you satisfied for the small jobs as this may not be a perfect choice for the heavy-duty work. You can use it for DIY projects or if you are student, odds are you will fall your head over heels in love with this stick welder. Though this is a 3-in-1 welder (a multi-process welder), accessories for TIG welding won’t be included in the package.
It is an easy-to-start welder that you can set up in next to no time and control your welds via a flow meter. It features a rugged body that will last longer than you could ever imagine. The weightlessness is another amazing feature that makes is apart from others and also allows you to take it from one place to another with no problems at all. There’s a process selector to switch between Stick, MIG, and TIG models in just a matter of seconds. Backed with a 5/3/1 warranty, your money will be spent very well, just in case. To see more of it, read the specifications.
- Brand: Forney
- Model No.: 324
- Multi-process Welder (TIG, MIG, Stick weldings)
- Input Current: 115 and 220 Volt
- Output Current: 15 and 50 AMP
- Features a Flow Meter for controlling your welds
- Rugged body and space-age design (All metal case)
- What comes included: Stick and MIG set-up, Gas Hose, Flow Meter
- MIG welding: Weld up to 3/16 inches at 140 Amps in a single pass
- Stick welding: It has the ability to weld up to 5/32 inches (electrodes must be as same as defined in the page above)
See more specification using the link we have provided above and also read the reviews to see what customers are saying about this welder.
4. Everlast PowerARC, 160STH, 160Amp, HR TIG, Stick, Welder (Review)
(9.8 Out of 10)
Everlast’s dual voltage welder will make your day. It is a lightweight and extremely portable welder that you can take with you anywhere (for example, on sites). What sets it apart from other welders is that IGBT technology. You can smoothly use it on dual voltage (110V/220V) like a charm. This welder will give you extreme performance and you will be able to do your work quickly as it is both lifesaver and time-saving. The duty cycle offered by this welding machine is 35% and we’ve already talked about the duty cycle. If you don’t have any idea about the duty cycle, we suggest you read about it above.
The accessories that this stick welder comes with are electrode holder with style connector, work clamp with 10-ft. cable, TIG torch with remote trigger switch, argon regulator, etc. The amperage capacity of this welding machine is 140A. It comes with the 160a HF TIG DC and Sticks with built-in valve. When you bring this welder home, you will also get a 5-year warranty of parts and labor and 30-days money-back guarantee (from Amazon). A consumable starter kit is also included in the package (not for Tungsten welding). On top of that, an impact-resistant carry case will also be delivered to you along with the welder.
- Brand: Everlast
- Model: PowerARC 160STHH (Stick Welder)
- Features an IGBT Inverter Technology
- Dual Voltage Welder
- Backed by a 5-year warranty along with a 30-day guarantee
- Duty Cycle: 35% at 160 Amp
- Features ‘Hot Start’
- Power Source: DC
- Highly Smooth and Stable
- Easy to Use and Lightweight
- Consumable Starter Kit (Tungsten not included)
- Impact-resistant carry case
- Weighs only 36.9 pounds
- Amperage Capacity: 140A
- Color: Green
- Suitable for professionals, beginners, or hobbyists
- Highly Rated Welder
5. Lotos TIG200 AC/DC Aluminum (TIG/Stick/Plasma) Welder (Review)
(9.8 Out of 10)
This unbiased Lotos TIG200 review will keep you informed on the ins and outs of this welder that allows you to do TIG, Stick, and Plasma using one welding machine. If you are a professional Stick welder and looking for a machine that delivers a 200A output, this is the welding machine you need as it is considered to be one of the best stick welders out there. Unlike other machines, this one doesn’t only handle different types of steel like stainless steel, mild steel, but it can also tackle other materials like aluminum.
The welding capacity of this stick (MMA) welding machine is 3/8″ (9.5mm) which is great. The controls featured by this welder will help you get the best of any project under different circumstances. It, moreover, features an HF Start hand torch control in addition to the precise foot pedal welding heat control that will give you an extra advantage in your welding experience. Another thing that amazes the people of this welder is that output i.e. it is a dual-voltage welder that you can run on 110V/220V without any problem.
- Brand: Lotos
- Welder Name: 200A AC/DC
- Model: 1H-4HPT-NF6E
- Multi-process Welder: TIG (GTAW)/Stick (SMAW)
- Supports dual-voltage: 110/220V
- Comes with Foot Pedal and Argon Regulator
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
- Power Source: AC (Square Wave) and DC
- Perfect for Beginners and Professionals
- Welding Capacity: 3/8”
- Aluminum Welding: 3/8”
- Used for Steel, Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, Aluminum
- Features Papst Advanced Cooling System
- Gives Precise Welding
- Power Efficiency: 80%
- Value for Money
6. Lotos LTPDC2000D Review, Stick/TIG Welder/Plasma Cutter (3 in 1)
(9.9 Out of 10)
This is another 3-in-1 welder from Lotos that will give you to do different types of jobs using the one welder, including TIG, Stick (MMA) and Plasma cutting. It has been a highly recommended product by the verified customers who have already bought this welder before and using it for a couple of years. It provides a maximum severance thickness of 3/4 inches and max. ideal cut thickness is 1/2 inches. While you do cutting, the out-of-this-world non-touch plasma cutter will come into play.
It is super easy and quick to set up – hardly takes 1 minute when you set it up for the very first time. Like other Lotos welders, you will get the Papst advanced cooling system. Another thing that amazes us is that it is a dual-voltage welder that is compatible with the 110/120V or 220/240 (50/60Hz). You can buy this welder with confidence because it also comes with the warranty. So, if something is wrong with the welder and it is under the warranty period, you will able to get the resolution to the problem you are facing with this stick welder. Let’s find out why this stick welder is the best choice via its features:
- Brand: Lotos Technology
- Stick MMA Welder: 15-200AMP DC Stick (MMA) Welder
- Type: 3-in-1 – TIG/Stick (MMA)/Plasma Cutter (Non-Touch)
- Compatible Consumable Sets
- Easy to Set Up (Get it Set Up within 1 minute)
- Papst Advanced Cooling System
- Dual Voltage Welder (110/120 V 220/240 V 50/60Hz)
- Provides Stable Welding
- Offers a Deep Weld Pool
- Provides a 1/2-inch Clean Cut
- Cut Thickness: 1/2″
- Severance Thickness: 3/4”
- 200A Stick Welder
- Suitable for Professionals, Hobbyists, Students (for DIY projects)
- Value for Money
- Easy to use
7. SunGoldPower 200A Arc MMA (Stick) IGBT Welder (Review)
(9.2 Out of 10)
If you are trying to buy an MMA (Stick) welding helmet, you can also choose one that has been manufactured by a company called SunGoldPower and the welder that we are going to discuss today is “ARC200 Welder” and it is so cheaply priced Welding Helmet that anyone can straightforwardly buy it without getting into any problem. It features an advanced control module that will give you improved productivity and you will be able to do more tasks in less time.
It is equipped with the IGBT inverter technology that will help you do your precise welds like a pro. If you consider getting this helmet, you will enjoy the anti-sticking prevention against overloading. Not just that, there is also a ‘Hot Start’ feature in this welder and your welder will be protected from being overload or any interrupted voltage protection. It supports dual voltage-current i.e. 110V and 220V that means you can easily get it up using the traditional switch.
- Brand: SunGoldPower
- Model: ARC-200S
- Frequency: 50hz/60hz
- Input Voltage (Rated): 220V (AC) and 110V (AC) +-5%
- Output (Rated): 200A/28V/ Output Current: 20 to 200A
- Efficiency: 85%
- Dimension (Inch): 13.6”*5.5”*10.4”
- Protection Grade: IP21
- Net Weight: 14.99 Pounds
- Small in Size (Compactness)
- Lightweight (Portable)
- Highly Effective and Productive
- Other Accessories Included
8. Reboot DC 220V Gas/Gasless MIG/MAG/Stick Welder (Reviews)
(9.9 Out of 10)
Manufactured by Reboot, this is a next-level welder that has the ability to perform different types of welding, be it MIG, MAG, or most importantly Stick welding. What is more, it has been equipped with the latest IGBT inverter technology which is why this is considered one of the best stick welders out there on the market. Use it with Gas or without Gas, it is up to you but this welder will never let you down when it comes to getting the precise welds without any interruption. It can effortlessly weld mild steel, steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
You will get a lot of accessories in the package if you buy this welder from Amazon like flux-cored wire (1Kg), 1xwelding hose, 1xMIG welder (Mig150)/ 1x Earth clamp/1x electrode holder/ 1x MIG welding torch. The duty cycle that this welder delivers is 70% which is a great thing and output range of current is 30-140A output range of voltage is 15 to 20V. It provides the 80% efficiency which can be taken for granted as a good option for your welding and DIY projects.
There’s more to this welder than just meets the eye, see the specs underneath or jump to the detailed overview all the way through the link we have attached above.
- Input Power (Voltage): AC220±15%
- Input Current: 17A
- Input Power Capacity (Rated): KVA 4.9
- Rated Output Voltage: 26V
- Rated Output Current:140A
- Output Voltage Range: 15-20V
- Output Current Range: 30-140A
- Duty-Cycle: 70%
- Protection class: IP21S
- Insulation class: F
- Efficient: 85%
- Post flow time: 1S
- Comes with wire feeder Inside
- Power factor 0.93cosφ
- Welding thickness: ≥0.8mm
- Weight: 5.2KG
- The diameter of wire: 0.6/0.8mm
- Part No.: REBOOT-1003
9. Hobart Stickmate 160i Stick Welder (Review)
(9.9 Out of 10)
In spite of being listed on 10th position, this welder is considered to be a real bad boy because it is a most famous welder and professional welders have been using it for a long time. It is made of highly rugged material and completely dependable and portable. It is very easy to start because it features ‘Hot Start’ technology that will keep you safe from all obstacles that may exist as the hindrance in the welding process. It is capable of welding up to 5/32 inch mild steel and can be run on 120/240V like a champ.
Since it is DC stick welder, there will be fewer arc outages, less spatter, less sticking, and more arc control. The overall weight of this item is 15 pounds which is a good thing because you will be able to take it anywhere along with you whether it is your job site or your DIY project place. It runs on electricity which makes it a corded stick welder. This could your best stick welder because not only can it be used for personal use but also for commercial usage.
Let’s get to know what its specifications are:
- Brand: Hobart
- Style: Stickmate
- Ability to weld up to 5/32-inch mild steel
- Super Easy to Start and Most Reliable
- Made of Rugged material
- Highly Portable
- Comes with a 10-ft. electrode cable with heavy-duty holder
- Features 6.5-ft. power cord along with MVP adaptors for 120V and 240V
- Weight: 15 Pounds
- Welder Type: Corded (Electric)
- Voltage: 240 V
- Wattage: 5000 Watts
- Battery: Not Required
- Warranty: 5/3/1 Industrial Use Warranty
- Model No.: 500570
- Power: DC only
Which is the Best Stick Welder? Reviews
It is not very hard to figure it out the best stick welder out of the list we have given above. You just have to go a little deeper. Though all of the items we have reviewed are the top-notch products with out-of-this-world features, it can be taken for granted that you won’t buy all of these stick welders even if all are good – you only need one. So, we think that the only that can be taken for granted as the “Best Stick Welder” is the one that is shown below.
stick welder reviews 2019
This may seem a little bit expensive but this will be rocking your every single day if you get it as soon as possible (before it gets out of stock). But, still, this is our personal opinion, if you believe that this is way too costly, you can consider buying other welders from the list above. We are pretty sure that you can easily find one as all of the welders are highly rated.