No wonder Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding is considered as the best welding because it easily gets the upper hands over other types of welding available today. No matter what type of metal you want to weld, the TIG welding will also keep you satisfied no matter what the circumstances are. If you are looking forward to having clean welds with no smoke or spatter, read this best review guide and stay informed on the ‘Best TIG Welder’ available today to meet your expectations and satisfaction.
Different companies are promising you to be as effective as possible, but the reality is different from that. The only way to find out how effective, durable, and long-lasting a welder will be for your welding experience is to use it and then review it. We’ve used different TIG welders from different companies and tested out to experience the real truth behind the performance of the TIG welders.
Best TIG Welder
The TIG and MIG welders are poles apart. The best thing about TIG is that it can cover almost any type of welding. The TIG welders use a large rod as opposed to a fed wire which is used in the MIG welding. If you want to create a consistent and complete bead, you should purchase one of the best TIG welders to make sure that this is what you get. While you buy one of these TIB welders after reading reviews from this page, don’t forget to purchase other safety equipment like goggles and gloves which are extremely necessary to wear while you weld.
Do not you get job offers just because you have a poor-quality welding machine? With the intention to achieve a precise and well finishing and required structural integrity, you must select the perfect equipment and that’s why we are here today – providing you with the best TIG welders ever made by most renowned welding companies. We’ll also let you know the key considerations that you need to keep in mind at the time of buying the TIG welders.
1. AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200 Amp TIG/Stick Welder
(9.9 Out of 10 Ratings)
Coming on the top position, we have the AHP’s ‘AlphaTIG 200X’ that has been a top-rated, expert-recommended and the best TIG welder that you will come across. This will deliver excellent arc quality whether you weld on aluminum, stainless or steel, and it also features dual input power phases which makes the best TIG welder that we have compared on this review guide.
You will also see an HF start TIG and to have great control over your welding experience, there is also a food pedal embedded on it. It is equipped with highly advanced technologies – AIT with PWM using IGBT technology. The input voltage that this welder requires to run smoothly is between 110V to 220V. Furthermore, it is an AC/DC welder which is an additional advantage of using it. Whether you are running a business, or you are a hobbyist, the AlphaTIG can be used for all industrial types.
The best thing about AlphaTIG is that it can efficiently work with the thinner-gauge materials because that’s where most of the welders fail wretchedly. The build quality of this welder is great and that’s why people fall in love with it at the very first sight. If you want to have preciseness and thinness in your welds, it can easily that without any difficulty – the AlphaTIG can handle 1/4″ aluminum and 3/8” steel like a charm. Furthermore, it welds 6013 and 7018 like a pro – keeping you at ease. It may not be the lightest weight, but that weight is okay and you can easily take to anywhere you want. It weighs 38 pounds which is good as compared to other welders.
- Duty Cycle: 60% at 200A
- Input Voltage: 110 – 220V
- Amperage Range: 10 – 200A
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Height: 19 in.
- Weight: 38 lbs.
- Length: 23 in.
- Width: 23 in.
- Value for Money: Yes
- Warranty: 3 Years.
- Tech Support: Yes
- Easy to Use
- Arc Quality: Excellent
- Output Frequency: Adjustable
- Cutting-edge Inverter Technology
- Modes: Choose between 2T and 4T mode
- Easy to Set up and use
- Lightweight Welder
- Highly suitable for TIG welding on stainless steel or aluminum
- More accuracy for thinner-gauge materials
2. Miller TIG Welder, DC, Maxstar 150 STL for Sale
(9.9 Out of 10 Ratings)
If you are curious to look up the best Miller TIG Welders for sale, you should think about this Miller TIG Welder that is available for sale and in this review, you will figure out why this welder could be worth your shot for good. The best feature of this welder is that it is portable – you can take it anywhere you want. The welder has both 120 and 240 plugs – it will work efficiently on either voltage.
What about maximum amps at 115v? Well, you can get 5 to 150 amps 30% duty TIG, and 20 to 100 amps 35% duty stick at 115v. It has everything you need to experience a next-level TIG welding. The portability of this welder is amazing and it will leave you surprised when you bring this great piece home. No matter that jobs, these welding machines easily tackle all of them. It will be a good money maker for you.
Whether it is TIG or Stick welding, this is going to be your companion in your welding journey. This welder has been designed with the performance, flexibility, and profitability into account. You can grab the dual functionalities that will allow you to switch between Stick and Best TIG Welder applications in next to no time. See more of it in the subjection section.
- Duty Cycle: 35% at 100A
- Supports Input Voltage between 115 and 230V
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Amperage Range: 5 – 150A
- Length: 13.25 inches
- Height is 9 inches
- Weighs 13.7 Pounds (Lightweight)
- Width: 5.5 inches
- Backed by a 3-Year Warranty
- Tremendously Portable
- Provides smooth Arc and Precision in Welding
- Multi-functional: TIG and Stick
- Remote Control for Amperage
- Value for Money
- Switch Between 115V and 230V effortlessly
- You have to buy foot pedal separately
- Limitation for thicker materials and unable to weld on aluminum
3. Lotos LTPDC2000D Stick/TIG Welder, Non-touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter (3 in 1)
(9.5 Out of 10 Ratings)
Is there a possibility to have all 3 features (TIG welding, Stick welding, and Plasma cutting) in one 1 welder? The Lotos LTPDC2000D is what we are talking about, gentlemen! There are many reasons why this welder has been listed as ‘Amazon’s Choice’ and highly rated. After you bring it home, it won’t take more than 1 minute to get it ready.
Here’re the following 3-in-1 features that you will get out of this welder:
Non-touch Plasma Cutter: The current output of the Plasma Cutter is 10-50 AMP and the maximum idea thickness that you are going to get is 1/2″. In addition to that, the maximum severance thickness is 3/4″. The cutter produces minimal slag and cuts through rusty, painted, and rough surfaces efficiently. To provide you with portability, it also has a handle and it uses non-hazardous air to cut stainless steel. Not only that, but you can also cut aluminum, copper, mild and alloy steel with it.
Stick/MMA Welder: The current out of this Stick/MMA welder is 15-200AMP and the welding arc is easy and stable. You will get the deep welding pool and beautiful and precise welding shape. The arc-starting function can be amazingly improved with the help of adjustable hot striking arc current. It is suitable for welding with various types of Acid or Basic Electrode.
TIG Welder: Supports 15-200AMP DC as current output for IG welding. You will get the top-notch quality in the welding on stainless steel and receive precise welding of thinner-gauge materials. You can also have the stability with the foot pedals (foot pedals are not included in the order). There are other eye-catching features that you will get to see in the user manual.
Why should you buy Lotos 3-in-1 Combo?
Be TIG, Stick or Plasma Cutter, you have them all housed within one single machine. Having said that, why would you buy them all separately? It also features non-touch pilot arc that cuts through the rough, rusty, and painted surfaces without any slag. It also supports dual voltage which means that the machine can run directly on 220 V 50/60 Hz Power, or on 110V 50/60 Hz, possible through a ‘Pigtail’ that is sold separately. The product weighs 42.3 pounds.
4. Forney Welder 322, 140-AMP Stick/MIG/TIG Multi-process (120V) Review
(10 Out of 10 Ratings)
This 140-Amp welder is a real bad boy from Forney and does all the jobs that you need for your wedding experience – be it MIG (Gas), TIG, Stick or Flux Cored (No Gas). It also features Flowmeter and Gas Hose (included with the package). This Forney comes with the perfect set-up for Stick and MIG welding so that you don’t have to get it ready for such weldings. With this welder, you will get quality features like spool gun capability (however you will need to purchase that separately). The weight is of this Forney Welder is 38 Lbs (i.e. 17.2 Kg). It comes in green color which pretty much suits it. The electrode diameters can be accepted up to 3/32″ and some are 1/8″. You will also find a quick-start guide available with the package for easy setup. The input power is 120V (20A standard or 15A with adaptor). The acceptable pool sizes are 4″ and 8″ and acceptable diameters are up to .035″, and electrode diameters are acceptable up to 3/32″.
Let’s be enlightened by the amazing features offered by this out-of-this-world welder:
- Forney 140 MP 3-in-1 Welder
- Multi-process Welder 120 Volt 20 AMP Input
- Suitable for TIG, MIG (Gas), Flux-Cored (No Gas) applications
- Packed with Gas Hose and Flowmeter (Included)
- Electrode Diameters are acceptable up to 3/32″ and some are acceptable up to 1/8”.
- Comes as pre-setup for MIG and Stick welding
- Foot Pedal, TIG Torch, Spool Gun (sold separately)
- 5/3/1 Warranty (See owner’s manual for details)
- MIG Modes: Process Selector (MAN (2T), SYN (2T), MAN (4T), SYN (4T))
- A: Stick, TIG, MIG MAN (WFS), MIG (WFS)
- V: Stick (Not Start), TIG (N/A), MIG MAN (V), MIG SYN (THICKNESS)
- Power Source: Corded-Electric
- Amperage Capacity: 140 A
- Cord Length: 8 Feet
- Weight: 47.2 pounds
5. Forney MIG/TIG/Stick (3-in-1), 324, 120/230-V, 190-AMP Welder Review
(9.4 Out of 10 Ratings)
Forney Industries, Inc. (Welding in America since the Beginning) is one of the most renowned companies of America. The company came into existence in 1932 and is headquartered in Fort Collins. The first arc welder was introduced in the 1940s by Forney and ever since it has been a game-changer. The welders made by Forney are of top-notch quality so that you don’t have to comprise on the performance, flexibility, durability of a welder.
Forney’s mission to provide value and tailored solutions to the customers and distributors and it succeeds in it every time. If you go through this page, you will have a walkthrough of where this company was and where it is now – thanks to the A-one welders and other products, and excellent customer care service.
Just like Forney 322, this Forney 324 will rock your welding experience and you will float on the cloud nine after buying this welder because this will meet all of your expectations. The best thing? Well, it is a 3-in-1 welder that will give you more productivity without having to purchase 3 machines for MIG, Stick, and TIG. It is a 190-Amp MP that will take care of your welding like a pro.
Is it all? Not really – there is more to it than just meets the eye! See what’s got for you in the house.
- Model/Item No.: 324
- 3-in-1 welder (operates TIG, Stick, and MIG easily) (accessories for TIG welding is not included in the package)
- Super Ease: this welder is super easy to operate and switch between the welding types – TIG, MIG, and Stick
- Controlling welding has never been easier – thanks to the single-stage piston
- Robust Material: The case is made of strong steel that has been designed to take day to day at 115 (15 amps) or 220 (50 amps)
- Comes set-up for MIG and Stick (Flowmeter and Gas Hose included)
- Recommended Accessories: TIG Torch (85654), Spool gun (85653), Foot Pedal (85655)
- Digital Readout: Get the ability to see the actual value of the arc voltage with the digital display
- Regulator and Gas Hose included for your immediate requirements
- Cast Aluminum Drive System
- Euro-connect MIG Gun
- Backed by 5/3/1 Warranty (see more)
- Color: Green
- Material: Metal
- Cord Length: 15 Feet
- Weight: 51.4 pounds
- Amperage Capacity: 190A
- Power Source: Corded (Electric)
6. Everlast Power ITIG 201 DC Stick TIG Welder (110v/220v) Review
(10 Out of 10 Ratings)
This welder is highly portable that you can easily take it anywhere with you if you have been asked a job to do some other place than your own house. The Everlast Power I-TIG 201 is going to keep you satisfied by its unparalleled features. This unit is widely used by the professional welders in the replacement for the I-TIG 200 because of the specialty trades, where controlling the heat is a significant process – courtesy of its low amp start capability of 5 amps and a pulse feature.
The Amperage capacity of I-TIG 201 is 200A and it works like a charm (22A @ 240V). It comes as a combo set. Also features 35 Series DINSE-style connectors. You can purchase it from different sellers on Amazon as per the trustworthiness and comfort. Its duty cycle is going to amaze you like no other welder. How good is it for TIG? Well, it is a perfect fit for your welding experience and not just that, you can also get the best out of stick applications through this amazing welding machine. “The customer services is awesome”, said a verified Amazon customer while reviewing the welder.
- Model No.: P201 (from Everlast)
- Part No.: B072KTFFNZ
- Extremely Lightweight
- Highly Portable
- 35 Series DINSE-style connectors
- Features Digital IGBT Inverter
- Backed by a 5-year (Parts and Labor)
- Color: Green
- Amperage Capacity: 200 A
- Performance: 22A @ 240V
- Comes as a Combo set
- Material: Aluminum
- Consumable Starter Kit (Tungsten not included)
- 160A Stick weld function with arc force control
- Digital display for accuracy
- Pulse Function: Adjustable up to 250Hz
- Dual Voltage capability: Either use it with 120V or 240V
7. Everlast PowerTIG 200DV Review, 200AMP, 110/220 Dual Voltage Pulse AC/DC Welder
(10 Out of 10 Ratings)
This Everlast Power TIG 200DV is a real bad boy and going to last forever because it is going to allow you to feel its ultimate performance ability and some people even compare it with PowerTIG 200DX that its performance is as dynamic as the 200DX offers. Well, we admit that, however, there is more to this one – improved versatility through the dual voltage and an IGBT inverter that is controlled digitally. It is a highly portable welder that offers you the maximum go-anywhere possibility. It can be utilized with any generated that is rated for a sustained 120V and also certified as ‘clean power’ by the manufacturer.
In days and nights, you can reliably carry out the perfect welds in next to no time with this top-notch welder made by Everlast. This product weighs only 60 pounds and is highly rated by the verified and satisfied customer on Amazon.com. We also suggest you buy it from there after reading the reviews of the customers who bought it the other day. Let’s see what this powerful welder has to offer you whether you are a professional welder or just doing it for the sake of your hobby.
- Model No.: PowerTIG 200DV
- 120V/240V Dual Voltage input
- Pulse Frequency: .5-150 Hz in AC and DC mode
- Recommended Metals: Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Virtually any Metal, Copper, Titanium, Chrome-moly
- Used in Areas: Hobby/DIY, Gunsmith, Farm/Ranch, Motorsports/ Off-road, Fabrication/Production welding, Shipyards, Pipelines, Portable Repair, Industrial Maintenance
- Max Rated TIG Amps: 120V: 125 Amps, 240V: 200 Amps
- Max Rated Stick Amps: 120V: 100A, 240V: 160A
You can check out more amazing features of this welder using the link we have laid out above.
8. Everlast PowerTIG 250EX AC/DC TIG/Stick/Pulse Welder Review
(9.8 Out of 10 Ratings)
If you look forward to having more preciseness in your welds, this is the welder you need to purchase without a second thought. But don’t just take our word for it, see the images published by the verified customers who have been using this space-age welder for many years. It features a low 5 amp start for TIG in both AC and DC modes (+/- 2 amps) that will provide you a next-level experience while you weld. In order to provide you with max. shielding gas protection before and after use, Pre and Post flow controls have been equipped in this heavy-duty welder.
Features an arc force control that’s what makes this welder a special one because this helps in getting an improved arc performance in you have shorter arc conditions. It comes with a consumable starter kit (however, the Tungsten is not included in the package). There will be no maintenance issues if you buy this bad boy, thanks to an improved HF circuit. It is an ideal choice for all types of people – professional, a hobbyist who are on the lookout for a well-equipped AC/DC TIG welder.
Not only will you have the first-class versatility with this welder but also the outstanding performance because it can put out 250 amps of TIG welding power on single-phase 240V – that’s a 60% duty cycle while doing that. Unmatched controls like AC balance control, AC frequency, fully adjustable pulse, and stick function with arc control force are what make this welder worth of your while. Additionally, you will get 2T/4T remote control functionalities.
- Model No.: PT2500
- Voltage: 240 Volts
- Power Source: AC/DC
- Gives perfectly timed spot welds
- Reasonably Priced
- Features a 12-ft. Everlast 18 Series TIG torch with 35 series DINSE style connectors
- AC/DC TIG Welder
- Performs well 250 amps of TIG on single-phase 240V (with 60% duty cycle)
- 2T/4T Remote Control Functions
- Pulse: Fully Adjustable
- AC Frequency
- AC Balance Control
- Stick/Arc Control Function
- IGTB Inverter module
- Comes as a Combo set
- Amperage Capacity: 250 A
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Green
- Weight: 60 Pounds
- Power Source: AC/DC
- 5 Years Warranty
9. Hobart 500551, EZ-TIG 165i AC/DC TIG Welder 230V Reviews
(9.8 Out of 10 Ratings)
To protect you from loss or theft, a signature is required at the delivery when you purchase this item from Amazon. This is an easy-to-use and highly exceptional welder manufactured by Hobart which is a renowned welder, welding helmet makes in the U.S. It houses far-on-demand features that will give you more throughput and you will be able to cover more task efficiently. You can choose different styles while you customize your order online.
In both AC (Aluminum) and DC, this welder has the capability of welding 22 ga up to 3/16 inch. To eliminate the tungsten and material pollution, it also features an HF start that will allow you to do exactly the same. It is also equipped with the infinite amperage control that will give you a broader operating range and with finer control. It is highly portable (weighs only 50 lb. (23 kg)) which means you can take it anywhere while you are on the duty.
- Model No.: 500551
- Easy-to-use interface for 1 knob and 1 switch control
- Features ‘Auto High-Temperature Shutdown’ system
- Offers both AC (for superior aluminum welding) and DC output (for the mind and stainless steel)
- More consistency in the welding process via Inverter-based power while utilizing less power
- HF start for the elimination of tungsten and material contamination
- Infinite amperage capability for finer control and broader operating range
- 5/3/1 Warranty (see above for more)
- The weight is only 50 lb. (23 kg) which means it can be taken anywhere while you are on the duty
- Made of stainless steel
- Remote amperage control through foot control (hand control optional)
- Designed in the USA
Best ac/dc tig welder for the money
Welder with primacy cord and plug, TIG torch, foot-operated control, work cable with clamp, gas regulator/flowmeter, shielding gas hose, and owner’s manual.
The Hobart 500551 is very easy to set up. You just have to plug it into the 230 V and connect the shielding gas and then choose from the thickness and material and you are ready to rock your weld journey. It also has two handles that adds an extra layer to the portability.
10. Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT for Sale, 210 AMP AC/DC TIG/Stick/Advance Pulse Welder with IGBT Technology (Review)
(9.8 Out of 10 Ratings)
Everlast’s 210EXT is out for sale now. You can get it for a reasonable price around 15K bucks. It is featuring microprocessor control that offers more precise management of welding parameters and functions. Supports 3 types of waveforms for AC weldings that include Sine Wave, Soft Square Wave, and Advanced Square Wave. It is equipped with the IGTB technology which will provide you the standard type pulse feature for both DC and AC, in addition to an advantage pulse for AC.
The 210EXT is a perfect choice for the generator use with a PFC of superior to 99%. Along with this purchase, you may also buy other times like TIG welding tungsten electrodes and Finger Heat Shield (buy one pack, two or three, according to your needs). The amperage capacity of this welder is 210 A and the installation method is TIG-welding. Like other welders reviewed above, it is also sold as a combo. This welder is made of stainless steel which is a good thing. For more, please look into the feature segment below.
- Inverter Type: Digital/Micro-controlled
- Output type: AC/DC TIG, DC Stick
- Voltage Phase: Dual Voltage 120/240 1 Phase
- Features HF or lift arc capability in both DC and AC modes
- Rate TIG Amps: 210 A
- Rate Stick Amps: 160 A
- Stick Function: Adjustable Arc Force Control
- Comes with a heavy-duty stick electrode holder with 10ft cable and 35 series DINSE connector
- 12 ft. TIG torch with remote switch
- Foot Pedal
- 10 ft. work clamp cable
- Everlast billet brass Argon regulator
- Power input cable that is 6 ft. long
- Consumable starter kit (Tungsten is not included)
The Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT can be used on almost every metal that includes Steel, Stainless Steel, Titanium, Copper, and Aluminum. Not just that, there are many industries in which you can use it. Whether you are a professional welder or just a hobbyist you can use it on duty or as your pastime respectively.
Best TIG Welder Reviews 2019
The welders that we have reviewed above are from the top-class companies that have been in the field for decades. However, it is not only about the brand, but features are also what you should be pay need to as well at the time of buying the best TIG welder as a professional or hobbyist. Looking for a welder that has a foot pedal, a wide amperage range, and a high duty cycle, and other highly important factors.
Make certain that the welder that you are going to buy runs on DC or AC or both of them. You will need to figure out how the welder (that you’re interested in) will be performing at the low amperage. Does it have the ability to balance control for AC operation? Is there a heat control facility in your welder? Ask these questions before you firmly decide to purchase the best TIG welding machines for your job/work.